Saturday, May 24, 2008

Midyear Resolution

I am not a fan of New Year's Resolution because I end up breaking them anyways. Let me try if changing "new" to "mid" would make a difference. So here goes: I, Princhecha Fiona, resolve to live a more active lifestyle.

I know I am a little bit overweight. I have been since I started working. Currently, I am carrying 42 lbs of fat, of which mostly are concentrated in my mid section. I used to not care. Heck, I still don't care that much. But I am beginning to care a little.

I enrolled in a fitness center last week. No, I don't have a ridiculous plan of growing my muscles bouncer big (I have nothing against muscledmen though, my Jimboi has a gymbod, I just don't see me having that!). What I'm aiming for is that I won't live a sedentary lifestyle anymore. And I want to lose my now-big-soon-flat tummy! Hopefully in 12 weeks time, I'll be in my ideal weight already, one pound a week is not that bad!

By signing up in the gym, I am facing my fear of getting the what-is-she-doing-in-the-men's-locker look. But I'm trying to ignore all those and just do my thing. Let the chauvinist pigs think what they want to think, all I know is that I would just want to use the gym facilities for my fitness. I am not there for any other hankypanky business. I woudn't even want to look at their parading naked asses and bulging, ehem, muscles for crying out loud. I'd rather look at my Jimboi noh! :p

Now, I also have to discipline myself not to always take a cab to and from the office. I figured that I'd cut my transpo budget to pay for my gym fee.

Also, I now have to be conscious of what I eat. Hard as it may sound to a sweet tooth as me, I'd have to figure a way to lessen my "unhealthy" food intake. I wouldn't want to put to nothing what I lost in the gym to only gain it back in the table. I'm starting with chocolates, junk food and candies and with my upsized drink habit!

The trainer at the gym asked me, after 6 months of going to the gym, how do you see yourself? My answer: if I don't see this tummy, then I'm happy!

It's not that hard a target right? Wish Fiona luck but I know she can do this! :p

I can already see a healthier me! See you all at the gym!

8 comments:

... said...

Mare, wag nang mag gym. Jumbo na ang uso ngayon. Think ANTM cycle 10.hehe

blackdarkheart said...

sabi nga ng doctor, diet makes up for the 80% fatloss and exercise--20%. so food moderation talaga ang key for weightloss. pede mo namang isuka ang mga kinain mo dava! aanhin mo naman ang health kung wala kang byuti! go ahead, make suka out of it! joke lang. matatapos na gym membershif ko sa 31st, mamimiss ko sya. ako kasi kumakain kapag natripan eh, di dahil gutom kaya kailangan ko ng tanggalin ang chicharong flower sa diet. hehe

Chi said...

mare! i was just gonna write that up. ahaha naunahan mo ako! magg-gym na rin ako... I've enrolled na din. ahahah remember ang napag-usapan natin? lolx. oh well, konting panahon na lang ang majjustify ko na ang mga skinny jeans ko! :D GOODLUCK sa atin mare!

rik32miles said...

Great minds think alike...
bru..I was about to write my midyear resolutions kuning..
anyway..goodluck..

Barbara Bakal said...

winnurr!! teh, mag before and after shot ka!! dali parang ANTM lang after their makeover!! hihi

JM said...

Goodluck. in no time magkakaroon ka ng 64-pack! hehee

. said...

Basta kelangan mo ng advice, don't hesitate to ask me. Goodluck sa workout. 2 years ago, 200 lbs ako. Ngayon naglalaro na lang sa 160. The same weight I had when I graduated from college 6 years ago. Eheh. :)

Kaya yan.

PrincheCHA Fiona said...

@mel hahahaha, nde nmn ako nagpapakaskinny thin, ayaw ko lng ng buntis look! ahiihihihihi

@nate ayun n nga eh, di naman ako tlga malakas kumain pero lumalaki pa den ako! ahihihih medyo mabagal ata metabolism ko eh! sayang, di tau magaabot sa gym!

@chi ayan mare! Kaya natin to!!! Goodluck sa atin! wihihihihi

@rik but of course, ganun tlga pag magaganda't matatalino! apir! hihihi :) anyway, thanks! abangan ko din ang list of midyear resolutions mo!

@vruh cge, cge! ahihihihi pero wish ko lng maipost ko dito yung pics! ampanget, bka wla ng bumalik dito! ahihihihi

@jm hahahaha thanks! ayoko naman ng 64-packs! parang bukol-bukol lng? ewwwnesss! hahahaha

@joms Salamat, salamat! :) ayan meron na kong taga-advice sa mga fitness chuvaloo... :p Wow naman, sana ako din bumaba din ang timbang!!! :p Sana nga kaya ko, excited na ko! ahihihihi