Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Princhecha Fiona's Run 2 @ OROFOLS

Having learned a few things from my first run, I was able to prepare better for this race.

I had a practice run two days before the race.
I bought a new pair of running shoes that is suited for my mid-high arched feet.
I purchased an ankle wrap for my chronic sprain.
I had a few hours of sleep so that I won't run like a zombie.
I had a bit of breakfast for a little boost of energy.
I brought my own energy drink so I wouldn't have to fall in line and waste time in the water station.
I donned a pair of shorter shorts so I'd look like a serious runner. lol

I even was able to convince Jimboi to run with me. Yay, I get to share the fun of running with Jimboi!

So off we went to the Fort.

The 16k race was about to start when we arrived. And then it started to rain! And we haven't checked-in our bags yet. I asked my officemate and runningmate Pepe if I could just leave our stuff in his car and he agreed.

We were just on our way to the parking lot when they announced that 5k runners should assemble at the starting line. By the time the announcer said go to signal the start of our race, we were still midway through the parking and the starting line! And so we started running!

It was fun running in the drizzle, it reminded me of my childhood when we used to play and bathe under the rain. Though I hated it that my new shoes are all wet and muddy! haha

Anyway, I swear I wouldn't run in these shorts ever again. Since it was raining, naturally the shorts became wet and then started to become clingy and then the friction caused blisters to my thighs! Ugh!

And then my eyeglasses started collecting raindrops that I couldn't see where I was going anymore. So I decided to just take them off. And then I rubbed my eyes forgetting I applied lotion earlier!

But I didn't mind all this I just ran and ran and ran until I couldn't run no more. I kept waiting for the mark that signals we're already halfway through. I was thinking, "I haven't even reached the middle of the course why am I feeling so exhausted? This can't be." SO I decided to walk a bit, then walk-jog.

And then I heard a marshal said (I swear this is what I've heard): "5k runners this way." And I told myself, "Finally, I'm near the middle" and so I started running again.

I haven't ran that long when I heard another marshal say "5k finishers, form a line here."

Oh shoot, is that it? Am I done already? I looked at my timer and I'm only at 28.08mins, 10 minutes less than my previous time. Wow, is this for real? I actually ran faster despite the rain? Cool!

Plus this group of college (or high school, I'm not sure)cutie guys behind me are part of the La Salle track team (I've heard them talking). And they're wearing tracksuits! Oh my double wow! haha

Jimboi finished waaaaay faster than I did. In fact he was already eating Krispy Kreme and drinking gatorade when I saw him. He claimed he clocked in at 16mins. Boy that's fast! I'm so proud of my Jimboi! :p

After getting our loot bags and other freebies, we proceeded to a breakfast with our running group (oh yes, I'm feeling super sporty I joined a running group! wahahaha). And there I met some famous bloggers! ;p

Then we went home and I spent the rest of Sunday sleeping. (The next day though, my legs didn't hurt as much as it hurt the first time I ran.)




======
As of the moment, the official results are not posted yet. But looking at the race route, I think I didn't ran the whole 5k route because I think I missed a turn. Turned out a lot of other runners missed this turn as well. Oh well! I guess the 10minute improvement from my PR isn't valid afterall. I knew it couldn't be real!

But good thing is there's always the next run to look forward to!

Ready, Set, Run! :P

7 comments:

jericho said...

baka naman nasa unahan mo talaga mga la sallista at hindi mo na lang napansin na bumibilis takbo mo..;)

Deej Diaz said...

sosyalan ka talaga... wehehehe

next time sama ako sa takbo.

JM said...

bawal din daw ang magbagal sa takbuhan.

Dabo said...

"oh my double wow"


ahahaha.. you really enjoyed it bigtime.. cheers!

Anonymous said...

all this time, kala ko girl ang prinsesa fiona. i was wrong. girl na girl na girl ka pala.

... said...

tumatakbo sa ulan. wet look ha? hihi. kamusta naman ang heels na ginamit mo mare?

PrincheCHA Fiona said...

@jericho hahaha, baka nga. Habol kasi ako ng habol one cute after another, nde ko nga cguro napansin na bumilis ako! wahahaha

@mrdj shushalan tlga! hahaha Oi! pramis yan ah, tatakbo ka next time! Although tandaan, 6am usually ang race, umabot ka kya? Bka lasinglasingan ka pa nun? wahaha

@jm pati pa ba naman sa pagtakbo,, lilistahan mo pa ko ng mga bawal! che! mabilis ako noh! i swear! hahaha

@dabo i did, i did! hihihi try mo din minsan! :p

@pat Oh yes, girl na girl na girl tlga! ahihihihi

@mel naku mare, ang saya-saya tumakbo sa ulan. lalu na naka-kamison ako na puti. feel na feel bold star! hihihi. Ayun, ang heels na gamit ko, may takong pa din infernes! haha